Utah Jazz at Los Angeles Lakers
Tuesday December 27th, 8:30 p.m.
TV: TNT; Radio: 1320-AM
TYRONE CORBIN (HC)
6-foot-6, good fighting weight
2nd season; 48 years old
Role: Coach put his own stamp on his team by implementing a new style of defense in camp, and he's earned respect of players.
Quote: "I think we're ready to go. I think they're excited about getting going. We've had some great practices. ... We're ready to see where we are once we get going."
RAJA BELL (SG)
6-foot-5, 210 pounds
12th season; 35 years old
Role: Shooting guard came back reinvigorated and ready to provide leadership, a defensive presence and an occasional scoring punch.
Quote: "You're always excited to play. This has been a longer summer than usual. Your body knows when it's time to play ... so it starts to get anxious."
ALEC BURKS (SG)
6-foot-6, 202 pounds
Rookie; 20 years old
Role: Shooting guard can earn early minutes with energetic defense and driving abilities while outside shot improves.
Quote: "I just want to contribute — contribute right away. If I do that, I feel like that would be my best goal for my rookie season."
JEREMY EVANS (SF)
6-foot-9, 194 pounds
2nd season; 24 years old
Role: Forward's reliable instant energy, insane jumping abilities and fun attitude should earn him must-watch minutes.
Quote: "I've worked hard enough that my confidence is high. That's what I've been trying to work on. I'm ready to go out and try to see where I'm at."
DERRICK FAVORS (PF)
6-foot-10, 248 pounds
2nd season; 20 years old
Role: Power forward's sturdy frame, solid work ethic and raw talent are reasons why he's considered a cornerstone of franchise's future.
Quote: "Just coming out playing my game, do what I do to try to improve and try to get some minutes. ... Just try to win."
DEVIN HARRIS (PG)
6-foot-3, 192 pounds
8th season; 28 years old
Role: Point guard has blazing speed and a scoring instinct, and his commitment to improved offensive execution could pay nice dividends.
Quote: "It's exciting times. Obviously (we) went through a semi-challenging training camp. I think we have a good mixture of guys. I'm excited to see what we can do."
GORDON HAYWARD (SF)
6-foot-8, 210 pounds
2nd season; 21 years old
Role: Guard/forward looks to pick up where he left off as rookie, giving team added outside shooting, defense and athleticism.
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- Schedule only gets tougher for BYU basketball...
- Cougars relish opportunity to play in-state...
- Utah Jazz: Hayward finally has breakout game...
- BYU's bowl destination — Las Vegas or...
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Pre-Snap Read: Utah State should give BYU all...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 59
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 52
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 42
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 29
- Disappointed Utes determined to bounce... 24