1. West Jordan (8-1)
Was: 1. Last week: 1-1. Outlook: Despite hiccup at Riverton, the Jags have proven themselves to be the most consistent, dangerous team in the state throughout the preseason. Next up: vs. Murray, Friday.
2. American Fork (5-0)
Was: 2. Last week: 0-0. Outlook: Will put undefeated record on the line at Mesa, Ariz. tournament this week. Next up: at Mesa, Ariz., tournament, Tuesday.
3. Orem (6-1)
Was: 3. Last week: 0-0. Outlook: Next game isn't until Jan. 6, when the Tigers begin Region 7 play with a target on their backs. Next up: at Provo, Fri., Jan. 6.
4. Lone Peak (4-1)
Was: 4. Last week: 1-0. Outlook: The Knights hope to shake off the frustrating Orem loss with a successful showing in South Carolina, a top-notch tournament that will be a very tough test. Next up: at Myrtle Beach, S.C. tournament, Tuesday.
5. Alta (4-2)
Was: 5. Last week: 1-0. Outlook: Like many teams, the Hawks are out of state this week hoping to represent Utah well in the McClintock Tournament in Arizona. Next up: at McClintock, Ariz. tournament, Tuesday.
6. Bountiful (6-1)
Was: 7. Last week: 3-0. Outlook: Emerging as a dangerous team in 4A after winning all three games in St. George last week by 13-plus points. Next up: at Olympus, Friday.
7. Weber (8-1)
Was: 9. Last week: 3-0. Outlook: In leading Warriors to three wins last week, point guard Hayden Schenck is emerging as the best player in the state most have never heard of. Next up: vs. Bonneville, Wed., Jan. 4.
8. Davis (5-3)
Was: 8. Last week: 0-0. Outlook: Despite win-loss record, the Darts have faced tough schedule and may still be the team to beat in Region 1, which gets under way in a couple of weeks. Next up: vs. Judge Memorial, Thursday.
9. Riverton (6-3)
Was: 9. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: Victory over West Jordan proved that the 'Wolves are capable of competing with anyone when head is in the game. Next up: at Cottonwood, Friday.
10. Lehi (6-2)
Was: 12. Last week: 2-1. Outlook: Posted a 2-1 record in St. George last week, and is a team still searching for its identity in 5A landscape. Next up: vs. Provo, Friday.
11. Sky View (7-2)
Was: 10. Last week: 1-0. Outlook: It's tough to gauge how legit the Bobcats are with four of their wins coming against mediocre out-of-state competition, and its next game is against another ho-hum out-of-state team. Next up: vs. Highland, Idaho, Wed., Jan. 4.
12. Logan (8-1)
- Utes ready to show off new field Saturday...
- Magic happens: Former BYU receiver Austin...
- Defensive-minded Utah Jazz open preseason...
- Gary Crowton resigns as SUU offensive...
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get...
- What you may have missed: UConn fan's pleas...
- ESPN's Brett McMurphy: 'I actually should...
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5 in...
- With difficult September schedule over,... 55
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 55
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 32
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 24
- Former BYU quarterback John Beck says... 23
- New Utah basketball facility has high... 23
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 23