Elaine Thompson, Associated Press
SEATTLE — David Akers kicked four field goals, including a 39-yarder with 2:57 left to give San Francisco the lead, and the 49ers held on for a 19-17 victory over the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday.
Larry Grant sealed the win by forcing Tarvaris Jackson's fumble that was recovered by Donte Whitner with 1:07 left. San Francisco, which already clinched the NFC West, remained in position for the No. 2 seed in the conference and a first-round playoff bye.
Akers set an NFL record with his 42nd field goal of the season. Frank Gore had a 4-yard touchdown run on the 49ers' first drive of the second half.
Marshawn Lynch scored on a 4-yard run with 6:41 left to give Seattle a 17-16 lead. It was the first touchdown rushing allowed by San Francisco this season and his 11th straight game with a score.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 81
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25