Sharon Ellman, Associated Press
ARLINGTON, Texas — Michael Vick threw two touchdown passes to lead the Philadelphia Eagles to a 20-7 victory over the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday in a game that had all the intensity of a preseason dress rehearsal.
This game became somewhat meaningless midway through the first quarter. A victory by the Giants eliminated the Eagles from the playoffs and turned the Dallas-New York game next weekend into a showdown to decide the NFC East title.
The Cowboys (8-7) sat quarterback Tony Romo after one series and running back Felix Jones after two.
Vick threw a touchdown pass on the opening series and again just before halftime. Alex Henery kicked field goals of 43 and 51 yards for the Eagles (7-8), who came within 7 seconds of a shutout. Dallas scored on a 4-yard TD pass from Stephen McGee to Miles Austin.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- BYU closes season with painful loss in Miami...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 106
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43