The Falcons have won seven of the past nine and could use an upset here to keep themselves in good position in the NFC wild-card race. The Falcons are 6-4 in NFC games and a loss here certainly will sting.
Brees needs just a combined 305 yards passing in his last two games to break Dan Marino's single-season passing yardage mark (5,084 in 1984). Brees also has won his past six Monday night games and has a passer rating of 124.1 in those game.
The call: Saints 33-21
Last week: 6-9 (.400)
For the season: 143-65 (.688)
1. Packers: 16-0 is gone, but the champs are still the league's best team.
2. Saints: QB Drew Brees is tearing it up, nearing 5,000 yards for the season.
3. Patriots: Now have the inside track for the top seed in the AFC playoffs.
4. 49ers: Bounced back from a bad loss to the Cards by taking down the Steelers.
5. Ravens: Got shelled by the Chargers last week to put a dent in hopes for the top seed.
6. Steelers: Loss to the Niners prevented them from taking the AFC North lead.
7. Falcons: They face the Saints this week in a battle for NFC playoff position.
8. Lions: Comeback kids must beat either Chargers or Packers to clinch wild card.
9. Broncos: Team Tebow must bounce back from loss to Patriots to win AFC West.
10. Texans: They're in the playoffs, but injuries have this team fading fast.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 89
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 74
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 38
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34