LOVELAND, Colorado — The Colorado Eagles (18-8-0-3) defeated the Utah Grizzlies (14-12-0-3) 6-0 Friday night in Loveland, Colorado.
It again was a shorthanded Utah group, with just 13 skaters and nine regulars. The team now takes six days off for the Christmas break as they look to get healthy. Utah currently has 11 players injured.
The Eagles scored three goals in 3:33 from 9:55-13:27 of the first period to build a 3-0 lead. Colorado tacked on one in the second and two in the third period to finish the contest.
The Grizzlies return home for New Year's to host Bakersfield Friday, December 30 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, December 31 at 6 p.m. Saturday features $1 food and $2 drink specials in addition to a free post-game skate. Skate rental is $2.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13