LOVELAND, Colorado — The Colorado Eagles (18-8-0-3) defeated the Utah Grizzlies (14-12-0-3) 6-0 Friday night in Loveland, Colorado.
It again was a shorthanded Utah group, with just 13 skaters and nine regulars. The team now takes six days off for the Christmas break as they look to get healthy. Utah currently has 11 players injured.
The Eagles scored three goals in 3:33 from 9:55-13:27 of the first period to build a 3-0 lead. Colorado tacked on one in the second and two in the third period to finish the contest.
The Grizzlies return home for New Year's to host Bakersfield Friday, December 30 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, December 31 at 6 p.m. Saturday features $1 food and $2 drink specials in addition to a free post-game skate. Skate rental is $2.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26