The most costly mistake for Arizona State came in the third quarter, as the Sun Devils tried to capitalize on a fumble by Moore — his third turnover of the game. The Sun Devils drove 49 yards to Boise State's 1, but Brock Osweiler's fourth-down pass was intercepted by Jamar Taylor, who returned it 100 yards for a touchdown to make it 35-10.
Moments before the play, Arizona State coach Dennis Erickson tried to call a timeout as his team was late to the line of scrimmage, but his attempts weren't acknowledged by the referees.
"I should have just called a timeout," said Osweiler, who threw for 395 yards with two touchdowns.
Osweiler said his team had some confusion before the play, with the wrong players on the field and a delay in communicating what they wanted to do.
The Broncos led 28-3 at halftime with Martin's kick return, Moore's passing touchdowns and another by wide receiver Matt Miller on a trick play in the second quarter.
Arizona State didn't score after its first interception and failed to pick off a lofty, poorly aimed toss from Moore's brother, receiver Kirby Moore, that hit a defender in the chest during a trick play. Boise State scored its fourth touchdown later in the drive.
"In a game like this, momentum is everything, and we didn't capitalize and they did," Robinson said.
Erickson was coaching his last game for Arizona State, which let him go in November after the Sun Devils finished the regular season on a four-game losing streak.
Erickson said he doesn't think his career is finished.
"I'll be involved in football some way. I'm not sure exactly what," he said.
Moore said he isn't sure where his future in professional football may go.
"I focused on this thing first. (I'm) looking to the opportunities ahead of (me)," Moore said. "We've been playing well for four years and you want to see where you can go from here."
Follow Oskar Garcia at http://twitter.com/oskargarcia
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21