The most costly mistake for Arizona State came in the third quarter, as the Sun Devils tried to capitalize on a fumble by Moore — his third turnover of the game. The Sun Devils drove 49 yards to Boise State's 1, but Brock Osweiler's fourth-down pass was intercepted by Jamar Taylor, who returned it 100 yards for a touchdown to make it 35-10.
Moments before the play, Arizona State coach Dennis Erickson tried to call a timeout as his team was late to the line of scrimmage, but his attempts weren't acknowledged by the referees.
"I should have just called a timeout," said Osweiler, who threw for 395 yards with two touchdowns.
Osweiler said his team had some confusion before the play, with the wrong players on the field and a delay in communicating what they wanted to do.
The Broncos led 28-3 at halftime with Martin's kick return, Moore's passing touchdowns and another by wide receiver Matt Miller on a trick play in the second quarter.
Arizona State didn't score after its first interception and failed to pick off a lofty, poorly aimed toss from Moore's brother, receiver Kirby Moore, that hit a defender in the chest during a trick play. Boise State scored its fourth touchdown later in the drive.
"In a game like this, momentum is everything, and we didn't capitalize and they did," Robinson said.
Erickson was coaching his last game for Arizona State, which let him go in November after the Sun Devils finished the regular season on a four-game losing streak.
Erickson said he doesn't think his career is finished.
"I'll be involved in football some way. I'm not sure exactly what," he said.
Moore said he isn't sure where his future in professional football may go.
"I focused on this thing first. (I'm) looking to the opportunities ahead of (me)," Moore said. "We've been playing well for four years and you want to see where you can go from here."
Follow Oskar Garcia at http://twitter.com/oskargarcia
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22