SYRACUSE, N.Y. — James Southerland and Brandon Triche each hit a pair of 3-pointers to key a 19-point first-half surge, and top-ranked Syracuse beat Tulane 80-61 on Thursday night to remain unbeaten.
It's the third straight season Syracuse has won its first 13 games.
Tulane (11-2) had faced the No. 1 team in the nation twice before, losing to Cincinnati (72-59) in 2000 and Memphis (97-71) in 2008.
NO. 2 OHIO STATE 69, MIAMI (OHIO) 40: At Columbus, Ohio, William Buford scored 18 points for the Buckeyes.
NO. 3 KENTUCKY 87, LOYOLA (MD.) 63: At Lexington, Ky., reserve Kyle Wiltjer scored a personal-best 24 points in the Wildcats' 42nd straight home win.
NO. 8 CONNECTICUT 79, FAIRFIELD 71: At Hartford, Conn., Shabazz Napier scored 24 points to lead Connecticut in the final game before coach Jim Calhoun serves a three-game suspension for NCAA recruiting violations.
NO. 9 MISSOURI 78, NO. 25 ILLINOIS 74: At St. Louis, Phil Pressey had 18 points, five assists and two steals as the Tigers are 12-0 for the first time since a 19-0 start in 1981-82.
NO. 10 MARQUETTE 64, WISCONSIN-MILWAUKEE 50: At Milwaukee, Junior Cadougan tied his career high with 15 points and Marquette beat its crosstown rival for the 39th straight time.
NO. 11 FLORIDA 82, FLORIDA STATE 64: At Gainesville, Fla., Bradley Beal scored 21 points and Patric Young added 15 to lead the Gators.
NO. 16 GEORGETOWN 70, MEMPHIS 59: At Washington, Jason Clark scored 18 points and Hollis Thompson added 17 as Georgetown extended its winning streak to eight games.
NO. 17 INDIANA 89, UMBC 47: At Bloomington, Ind., Matt Roth scored a season-high 14 points on 4-of-5 shooting from beyond the arc to lead the Hoosiers.
NO. 18 MISSISSIPPI STATE 82, NORTHWESTERN STATE 67: At Jackson, Miss., Arnett Moultrie had 24 points and 14 rebounds for his seventh double-double of the season for Mississippi State.
NO. 19 MICHIGAN STATE 90, LEHIGH 81: At East Lansing, Mich., Keith Appling scored 19 points, including all 12 of his free throws, to lead the Spartans (11-2), who have won 11 straight.
NO. 20 MICHIGAN 77, BRADLEY 66: At Ann Arbor, Mich., Evan Smotrycz had 20 points and 10 rebounds, and Tim Hardaway Jr. added a soaring dunk during a decisive run in the second half to lead Michigan.
NO. 23 CREIGHTON 87, NORTHWESTERN 79: At Omaha, Neb., Doug McDermott scored 18 of his 27 points in the second half and Creighton defeated a Big Ten opponent for the third time this season.
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents may...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to be...
- Jazz in talks with German center Pleiss,...
- The U.S. women’s national soccer team...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 86
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 51
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 42
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 33
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 25