CEDAR CITY — Ramell Taylor scored 17 points to lead four Thunderbirds in double figures as Southern Utah snapped a three-game losing streak with a 62-51 win over UC Davis Thursday night. The Thunderbirds improved to 5-6 with the win while the Aggies dipped to 1-11.
SUU never trailed but the game wasn't in the bag until the final seconds, as the final score was the largest lead.
"We worked hard on the offensive boards and I thought we did a good job defensively," SUU Coach Roger Reid said. "We got off to a good start offensively, Ramell and Matt did a good job getting us started."
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 141
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 32
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 18
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16