RSL: Kyle Beckerman, Nick Rimando named to national team January camp roster
Bret Hartman, AP
SANDY — The 2012 preseason will get under way early for a pair of Real Salt Lake veterans, as midfielder Kyle Beckerman and goalkeeper Nick Rimando have been tabbed by U.S. Men's National Team head coach Jurgen Klinsmann to participate in the squad's annual January camp, taking place from Jan. 3-26 in Arizona, California and Panama. In addition to RSL's on-field duo, assistant coach Jeff Cassar will join Klinsmann's staff for a portion of the camp, a group that also includes Real Salt Lake-Arizona Academy technical director Martin Vasquez.
The U.S. squad will cap off the camp with a pair of friendlies, hosting Venezuela on Jan. 21 at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz., before traveling to take on Panama at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez in Panama City four days later.
The players and staff will report to Phoenix, Ariz., on Jan. 3 to begin training before moving to U.S. Soccer's National Training Center at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif., to continue training from Jan. 13-20. After 18 days of training, the squad will switch into game mode, returning to Arizona to finalize preparations for Venezuela before heading south to face CONCACAF rival Panama.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27