RSL: Kyle Beckerman, Nick Rimando named to national team January camp roster
Bret Hartman, AP
SANDY — The 2012 preseason will get under way early for a pair of Real Salt Lake veterans, as midfielder Kyle Beckerman and goalkeeper Nick Rimando have been tabbed by U.S. Men's National Team head coach Jurgen Klinsmann to participate in the squad's annual January camp, taking place from Jan. 3-26 in Arizona, California and Panama. In addition to RSL's on-field duo, assistant coach Jeff Cassar will join Klinsmann's staff for a portion of the camp, a group that also includes Real Salt Lake-Arizona Academy technical director Martin Vasquez.
The U.S. squad will cap off the camp with a pair of friendlies, hosting Venezuela on Jan. 21 at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz., before traveling to take on Panama at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez in Panama City four days later.
The players and staff will report to Phoenix, Ariz., on Jan. 3 to begin training before moving to U.S. Soccer's National Training Center at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif., to continue training from Jan. 13-20. After 18 days of training, the squad will switch into game mode, returning to Arizona to finalize preparations for Venezuela before heading south to face CONCACAF rival Panama.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utah State's Evans has been on a 'long journey'
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24