RSL: Kyle Beckerman, Nick Rimando named to national team January camp roster
Bret Hartman, AP
SANDY — The 2012 preseason will get under way early for a pair of Real Salt Lake veterans, as midfielder Kyle Beckerman and goalkeeper Nick Rimando have been tabbed by U.S. Men's National Team head coach Jurgen Klinsmann to participate in the squad's annual January camp, taking place from Jan. 3-26 in Arizona, California and Panama. In addition to RSL's on-field duo, assistant coach Jeff Cassar will join Klinsmann's staff for a portion of the camp, a group that also includes Real Salt Lake-Arizona Academy technical director Martin Vasquez.
The U.S. squad will cap off the camp with a pair of friendlies, hosting Venezuela on Jan. 21 at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz., before traveling to take on Panama at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez in Panama City four days later.
The players and staff will report to Phoenix, Ariz., on Jan. 3 to begin training before moving to U.S. Soccer's National Training Center at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif., to continue training from Jan. 13-20. After 18 days of training, the squad will switch into game mode, returning to Arizona to finalize preparations for Venezuela before heading south to face CONCACAF rival Panama.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 47
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26