ORLANDO, Fla. — Glen Davis had 18 points, Dwight Howard and Jason Richardson each added 15 and the Orlando Magic overcame a 14-point halftime deficit to beat the Miami Heat 104-100 on Wednesday night in the preseason finale for both teams.
Davis had a 13-point third quarter to help ignite the comeback and Orlando got a late lift from its reserves to secure the win, including strong fourth-quarter efforts by veteran Larry Hughes and rookie Justin Harper.
LeBron James had 27 points and Dwyane Wade added 21 for the Heat. Reserve Norris Cole chipped in 11 points.
Both teams open the regular season as part of the NBA's four-game Christmas Day schedule.
Miami travels to defending champion Dallas for a finals rematch and Oklahoma City hosts the Magic.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 95
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 78
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 60
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 43
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43