ORLANDO, Fla. — Glen Davis had 18 points, Dwight Howard and Jason Richardson each added 15 and the Orlando Magic overcame a 14-point halftime deficit to beat the Miami Heat 104-100 on Wednesday night in the preseason finale for both teams.
Davis had a 13-point third quarter to help ignite the comeback and Orlando got a late lift from its reserves to secure the win, including strong fourth-quarter efforts by veteran Larry Hughes and rookie Justin Harper.
LeBron James had 27 points and Dwyane Wade added 21 for the Heat. Reserve Norris Cole chipped in 11 points.
Both teams open the regular season as part of the NBA's four-game Christmas Day schedule.
Miami travels to defending champion Dallas for a finals rematch and Oklahoma City hosts the Magic.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18