ORLANDO, Fla. — Glen Davis had 18 points, Dwight Howard and Jason Richardson each added 15 and the Orlando Magic overcame a 14-point halftime deficit to beat the Miami Heat 104-100 on Wednesday night in the preseason finale for both teams.
Davis had a 13-point third quarter to help ignite the comeback and Orlando got a late lift from its reserves to secure the win, including strong fourth-quarter efforts by veteran Larry Hughes and rookie Justin Harper.
LeBron James had 27 points and Dwyane Wade added 21 for the Heat. Reserve Norris Cole chipped in 11 points.
Both teams open the regular season as part of the NBA's four-game Christmas Day schedule.
Miami travels to defending champion Dallas for a finals rematch and Oklahoma City hosts the Magic.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20