ORLANDO, Fla. — Glen Davis had 18 points, Dwight Howard and Jason Richardson each added 15 and the Orlando Magic overcame a 14-point halftime deficit to beat the Miami Heat 104-100 on Wednesday night in the preseason finale for both teams.
Davis had a 13-point third quarter to help ignite the comeback and Orlando got a late lift from its reserves to secure the win, including strong fourth-quarter efforts by veteran Larry Hughes and rookie Justin Harper.
LeBron James had 27 points and Dwyane Wade added 21 for the Heat. Reserve Norris Cole chipped in 11 points.
Both teams open the regular season as part of the NBA's four-game Christmas Day schedule.
Miami travels to defending champion Dallas for a finals rematch and Oklahoma City hosts the Magic.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 115
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 64
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 48
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33