Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward to start against Blazers
SALT LAKE CITY — As expected, the Utah Jazz have a different starting lineup for their second and final preseason game.
Power forward Derrick Favors and small forward Gordon Hayward will be on the court at tipoff against the Portland Trail Blazers in tonight's game at EnergySolutions Arena.
They are replacing Mehmet Okur and C.J. Miles in the starting five.
Last year's starting power forward, Paul Millsap will be sidelined again with right quadriceps tendinitis.
Point guard Devin Harris, shooting guard Raja Bell and center Al Jefferson will start again for the Jazz, who are hoping to get off to a much stronger start than they did in Monday's 110-90 blowout loss in Portland.
"I'm always looking to see how Al and Derrick work off each other," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. "They're both pretty close to the basket. they both can step out to the free-throw line and make shots, but we've got to get back into transition when they run the floor."
Small forward Josh Howard and No. 3 point guard Jamaal Tinsley are expected see more time tonight, Corbin added. The recently acquired Howard only played five minutes on Monday, and Tinsley didn't get off the bench in the first preseason game.
For Portland, Marcus Camby (knee) will sit out, but the Blazers will welcome back star forward LaMarcus Aldridge from his heart procedure.
- Hayward looking like Captain America early in...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon features BYU,...
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local had the...
- What you may have missed: UConn fan's pleas...
- BYU's defense, among nation's leaders in...
- Gary Crowton resigns as SUU offensive...
- ESPN's Brett McMurphy: 'I actually should...
- Home hasn't been so sweet in Pac-12 play
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 56
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 44
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 38
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 23
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage... 22
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20