Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward to start against Blazers
SALT LAKE CITY — As expected, the Utah Jazz have a different starting lineup for their second and final preseason game.
Power forward Derrick Favors and small forward Gordon Hayward will be on the court at tipoff against the Portland Trail Blazers in tonight's game at EnergySolutions Arena.
They are replacing Mehmet Okur and C.J. Miles in the starting five.
Last year's starting power forward, Paul Millsap will be sidelined again with right quadriceps tendinitis.
Point guard Devin Harris, shooting guard Raja Bell and center Al Jefferson will start again for the Jazz, who are hoping to get off to a much stronger start than they did in Monday's 110-90 blowout loss in Portland.
"I'm always looking to see how Al and Derrick work off each other," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. "They're both pretty close to the basket. they both can step out to the free-throw line and make shots, but we've got to get back into transition when they run the floor."
Small forward Josh Howard and No. 3 point guard Jamaal Tinsley are expected see more time tonight, Corbin added. The recently acquired Howard only played five minutes on Monday, and Tinsley didn't get off the bench in the first preseason game.
For Portland, Marcus Camby (knee) will sit out, but the Blazers will welcome back star forward LaMarcus Aldridge from his heart procedure.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33