Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward to start against Blazers
SALT LAKE CITY — As expected, the Utah Jazz have a different starting lineup for their second and final preseason game.
Power forward Derrick Favors and small forward Gordon Hayward will be on the court at tipoff against the Portland Trail Blazers in tonight's game at EnergySolutions Arena.
They are replacing Mehmet Okur and C.J. Miles in the starting five.
Last year's starting power forward, Paul Millsap will be sidelined again with right quadriceps tendinitis.
Point guard Devin Harris, shooting guard Raja Bell and center Al Jefferson will start again for the Jazz, who are hoping to get off to a much stronger start than they did in Monday's 110-90 blowout loss in Portland.
"I'm always looking to see how Al and Derrick work off each other," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. "They're both pretty close to the basket. they both can step out to the free-throw line and make shots, but we've got to get back into transition when they run the floor."
Small forward Josh Howard and No. 3 point guard Jamaal Tinsley are expected see more time tonight, Corbin added. The recently acquired Howard only played five minutes on Monday, and Tinsley didn't get off the bench in the first preseason game.
For Portland, Marcus Camby (knee) will sit out, but the Blazers will welcome back star forward LaMarcus Aldridge from his heart procedure.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48