Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward to start against Blazers
SALT LAKE CITY — As expected, the Utah Jazz have a different starting lineup for their second and final preseason game.
Power forward Derrick Favors and small forward Gordon Hayward will be on the court at tipoff against the Portland Trail Blazers in tonight's game at EnergySolutions Arena.
They are replacing Mehmet Okur and C.J. Miles in the starting five.
Last year's starting power forward, Paul Millsap will be sidelined again with right quadriceps tendinitis.
Point guard Devin Harris, shooting guard Raja Bell and center Al Jefferson will start again for the Jazz, who are hoping to get off to a much stronger start than they did in Monday's 110-90 blowout loss in Portland.
"I'm always looking to see how Al and Derrick work off each other," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. "They're both pretty close to the basket. they both can step out to the free-throw line and make shots, but we've got to get back into transition when they run the floor."
Small forward Josh Howard and No. 3 point guard Jamaal Tinsley are expected see more time tonight, Corbin added. The recently acquired Howard only played five minutes on Monday, and Tinsley didn't get off the bench in the first preseason game.
For Portland, Marcus Camby (knee) will sit out, but the Blazers will welcome back star forward LaMarcus Aldridge from his heart procedure.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 91
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 71
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 31