Paul Sakuma, Associated Press
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Jim Harbaugh is pushing for Alex Smith to make the Pro Bowl. The 49ers coach is praising his comeback QB as one of the top three in the NFC along with Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees in New Orleans — and Harbaugh says he considers the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick to be the team's long-term answer behind center.
While Harbaugh isn't about to start getting into statement games or whether his Niners now have elite NFL status, Monday night's commanding 20-3 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers showed just how many stars San Francisco has on both sides of the ball.
Harbaugh complimented defensive lineman Justin Smith as the team "MVP."
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Live streams: 1A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 34
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32