Paul Sakuma, Associated Press
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Jim Harbaugh is pushing for Alex Smith to make the Pro Bowl. The 49ers coach is praising his comeback QB as one of the top three in the NFC along with Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees in New Orleans — and Harbaugh says he considers the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick to be the team's long-term answer behind center.
While Harbaugh isn't about to start getting into statement games or whether his Niners now have elite NFL status, Monday night's commanding 20-3 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers showed just how many stars San Francisco has on both sides of the ball.
Harbaugh complimented defensive lineman Justin Smith as the team "MVP."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 22
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21