Paul Sakuma, Associated Press
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Jim Harbaugh is pushing for Alex Smith to make the Pro Bowl. The 49ers coach is praising his comeback QB as one of the top three in the NFC along with Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees in New Orleans — and Harbaugh says he considers the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick to be the team's long-term answer behind center.
While Harbaugh isn't about to start getting into statement games or whether his Niners now have elite NFL status, Monday night's commanding 20-3 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers showed just how many stars San Francisco has on both sides of the ball.
Harbaugh complimented defensive lineman Justin Smith as the team "MVP."
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21