PROOF THERE ARE NO SURPRISES IN LIFE: Kat Von D broke up with Jesse James, saying she was shocked — yes shocked! — that James, who was unfaithful to Sandra Bullock during her Oscar campaign, had also allegedly cheated on her — with 19 women.
TONE DEAF: At just 13, Rebecca Black became a sensation — and laughingstock — of the Internet, thanks to her hard-on-the-ears tune, "Friday," which her parents paid producers to make, along with the now infamous video on YouTube. Seemingly oblivious to the wonders of Auto-Tune, Black's nasally warbling became embedded in the brain like a bad virus. And yet she sounded better than any LMFAO tune.
LOOK, IT'S CHRIS BROWN — DUCK!: Chris Brown's star, seemingly forever tarnished after beating then-girlfriend Rihanna, was on the rise when he decided to go on "Good Morning America" to perform and talk to host Robin Roberts. But Roberts' decision to ask about the Rihanna incident got under Brown's skin. After the interview, he trashed his dressing room, even breaking a window. Yet people continued to buy copies of his comeback album. Apparently, fear is the best motivator.
WAS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SEQUEL TO THE FILM "TWINS"? When Maria Shriver announced that she was divorcing Arnold Schwarzenegger after 25 of marriage and a stint in the California governor's mansion, we thought it was because she'd finally seen those tiny Speedo pictures. But then we learned that not only did he cheat on her with the family housekeeper, but he and the housekeeper had a son together around the time Maria gave birth to their child, also a boy. Guess it wasn't the wisest decision to let Schwarzenegger be in charge of giving out the employee bonuses.
Nekesa Mumbi Moody covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her at http://www.twitter.com/nekesamumbi
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban...
- This week in history: The western Roman...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 106
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 24
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 21
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14