SALT LAKE CITY — City Creek Center, the new shopping and dining destination opening in the spring, will host a charity gala and shopping event on March 21, 2012, from 6:30 p.m. to to 9:30 p.m., the night before the center's official grand opening.
Tickets are now on sale, benefitting four local charities.
The approximately 700,000-square-foot shopping center, with nearly 80 stores and restaurants, will host an evening of live entertainment, food and drink crafted from local ingredients, and an opportunity to shop and preview the center's stores, which will open for the event.
"The gala is an exciting opportunity to experience City Creek Center for the first time and also support local charities that are important to the community," Linda Wardell, City Creek Center general manager, said in a news release.
"One hundred percent of the ticket price will go to these deserving charities to help accomplish their missions."
Tickets can be purchased for $50 directly from the benefitting charities, which include:
Ballet West, which has 36 company members, 10 second company members and a thriving Academy that trains dancers of all ages.
The Road Home, a private, nonprofit social service agency whose mission is to help people out of homelessness and back into our community.
Utah's Hogle Zoo, which was established in 1931 and covers 42 acres and has more than 800 animals.
The Junior League of Salt Lake City, a charitable organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women and improving the community.
City Creek Center will open for business on March 22 at 10 a.m.
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- First look at modernized 'Annie' produced by...
- Book review: Brandon Sanderson's 'Words of...
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 47
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 19
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love-hate... 11
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 9
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 6
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance... 5