August Miller, Deseret News archives
I have read so much in this paper of hand-wringing over the state GOP caucus system that eliminated Bob Bennett and Olene Walker or thinking that convention delegates were manipulated by political thieves.
The problem for the liberal end of the GOP is that unprincipled governance has finally motivated and got the people involved. Delegates selected by the neighborhood meetings are far more informed than the general populace.
RINO's were happy with the caucus system when they had control. Now that they are losing control, they would prefer a primary election where the well meaning and less informed voters can be easily controlled by the high priced campaigning and media support of the GOP checkered pants good-old-boys that gave us our past governors and Legislature.
Bruce B. Allen
Salt Lake City
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 83
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 71
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 49
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 40
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33