August Miller, Deseret News archives
I have read so much in this paper of hand-wringing over the state GOP caucus system that eliminated Bob Bennett and Olene Walker or thinking that convention delegates were manipulated by political thieves.
The problem for the liberal end of the GOP is that unprincipled governance has finally motivated and got the people involved. Delegates selected by the neighborhood meetings are far more informed than the general populace.
RINO's were happy with the caucus system when they had control. Now that they are losing control, they would prefer a primary election where the well meaning and less informed voters can be easily controlled by the high priced campaigning and media support of the GOP checkered pants good-old-boys that gave us our past governors and Legislature.
Bruce B. Allen
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: We can't help...
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about liberals...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on... 49
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 37
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 26
- Letter: We can do better 26
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 22