August Miller, Deseret News archives
I have read so much in this paper of hand-wringing over the state GOP caucus system that eliminated Bob Bennett and Olene Walker or thinking that convention delegates were manipulated by political thieves.
The problem for the liberal end of the GOP is that unprincipled governance has finally motivated and got the people involved. Delegates selected by the neighborhood meetings are far more informed than the general populace.
RINO's were happy with the caucus system when they had control. Now that they are losing control, they would prefer a primary election where the well meaning and less informed voters can be easily controlled by the high priced campaigning and media support of the GOP checkered pants good-old-boys that gave us our past governors and Legislature.
Bruce B. Allen
Salt Lake City
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Kathleen Parker: Placing blame for massive...
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 42
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 28