Tom Gianni, Associated Press
CHICAGO — The NFL says it is not aware of other players involved in the federal drug case against Chicago Bears wide receiver Sam Hurd.
League spokesman Brian McCarthy said Friday that the NFL is closely monitoring the case. Asked about a report that authorities have a list of NFL players with a connection to Hurd, McCarthy said: "We are not aware of such a list."
Hurd was arrested Wednesday night after authorities said he agreed to buy a kilogram, or 2.2 pounds, of cocaine from an undercover agent. A criminal complaint says Hurd wanted to set up a drug-distribution network in the Chicago area.
General manager Jerry Angelo said Friday that the team has cut the 26-year-old Hurd, who was in his first year with the Bears and sixth year overall in the NFL.
AP Sports Writer Howard Fendrich contributed to this report.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34