AP source: South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to endorse Mitt Romney
SIOUX CITY, Iowa — South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley plans to endorse Mitt Romney's presidential bid.
A Republican with knowledge of the endorsement disclosed the plan ahead of the official announcement on condition of anonymity.
Haley is a rising star within the GOP and her endorsement in the first-in-the South primary state has been sought by many other presidential contenders.
Romney plans to fly to South Carolina on Friday afternoon.
Politico first reported the Haley endorsement.
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- 35 arrested in Oakland after protest march
- Evangelicals with gay children challenging...
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- Ferguson grand jury papers full of...
- Families uncover Civil War drama, 150 years...
- Australian cricketer Phil Hughes, 25, dies in...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 17
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Obama heads to Chicago to pitch... 13
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12
- Attorney General Eric Holder:... 11