AP source: South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to endorse Mitt Romney
SIOUX CITY, Iowa — South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley plans to endorse Mitt Romney's presidential bid.
A Republican with knowledge of the endorsement disclosed the plan ahead of the official announcement on condition of anonymity.
Haley is a rising star within the GOP and her endorsement in the first-in-the South primary state has been sought by many other presidential contenders.
Romney plans to fly to South Carolina on Friday afternoon.
Politico first reported the Haley endorsement.
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- Want to help a sex trafficking victim get on...
- Chess in schools: bringing the classic mind...
- Japan's prime minister 'speechless' after...
- Deseret News National Edition explores...
- Possible 2016 GOP candidates pitch ideas at...
- Vaccinate the economy against disease
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt Lake speech
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 77
- Romney says climate change presents a... 35
- Kerry: Violent extremism is not Islamic 27
- House Republicans run into divisions... 21
- Measles outbreak casts spotlight on... 20
- Analysis: Obama seizes on recovery,... 17
- Iowa Sen. Ernst promises GOP focus on... 13