AP source: South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to endorse Mitt Romney
SIOUX CITY, Iowa — South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley plans to endorse Mitt Romney's presidential bid.
A Republican with knowledge of the endorsement disclosed the plan ahead of the official announcement on condition of anonymity.
Haley is a rising star within the GOP and her endorsement in the first-in-the South primary state has been sought by many other presidential contenders.
Romney plans to fly to South Carolina on Friday afternoon.
Politico first reported the Haley endorsement.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Oscar Pistorius starts serving 5-year prison...
- Jodi Arias sentencing retrial opens in Arizona
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Fire exposes illegal Chinese factories in Italy
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 53
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8