AP source: South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to endorse Mitt Romney
SIOUX CITY, Iowa — South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley plans to endorse Mitt Romney's presidential bid.
A Republican with knowledge of the endorsement disclosed the plan ahead of the official announcement on condition of anonymity.
Haley is a rising star within the GOP and her endorsement in the first-in-the South primary state has been sought by many other presidential contenders.
Romney plans to fly to South Carolina on Friday afternoon.
Politico first reported the Haley endorsement.
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- Ginsburg: High court won't 'duck' gay marriage
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels, with or...
- House leaders abandon border bill
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 53
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 36
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 35
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 30
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 28
- House leaders abandon border bill 22
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14