Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
I hope Gov. Gary Herbert sticks to his guns and keeps blended nuclear waste out of Utah. We don't want it here in Utah, plain and simple. It's ridiculous that state regulators bought Energy Solutions' argument that it is acceptable to allow this blended waste in Utah for a year or two before they figure out if it's safe or not.
It's not fair that Utah and its citizens have to be the guinea pig for such a potentially dangerous situation. It makes no sense to dump it here first and decide whether or not A, B and C wastes are too hazardous later.
Salt Lake City
- President Boyd K. Packer — 'defender'...
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- Letter: The Fourth
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- My view: Poor federal stewardship... 20