Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
I hope Gov. Gary Herbert sticks to his guns and keeps blended nuclear waste out of Utah. We don't want it here in Utah, plain and simple. It's ridiculous that state regulators bought Energy Solutions' argument that it is acceptable to allow this blended waste in Utah for a year or two before they figure out if it's safe or not.
It's not fair that Utah and its citizens have to be the guinea pig for such a potentially dangerous situation. It makes no sense to dump it here first and decide whether or not A, B and C wastes are too hazardous later.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24