Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
I hope Gov. Gary Herbert sticks to his guns and keeps blended nuclear waste out of Utah. We don't want it here in Utah, plain and simple. It's ridiculous that state regulators bought Energy Solutions' argument that it is acceptable to allow this blended waste in Utah for a year or two before they figure out if it's safe or not.
It's not fair that Utah and its citizens have to be the guinea pig for such a potentially dangerous situation. It makes no sense to dump it here first and decide whether or not A, B and C wastes are too hazardous later.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 50
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 46
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 42
- Letter: Human body 41
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 36
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 24
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19