Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
I hope Gov. Gary Herbert sticks to his guns and keeps blended nuclear waste out of Utah. We don't want it here in Utah, plain and simple. It's ridiculous that state regulators bought Energy Solutions' argument that it is acceptable to allow this blended waste in Utah for a year or two before they figure out if it's safe or not.
It's not fair that Utah and its citizens have to be the guinea pig for such a potentially dangerous situation. It makes no sense to dump it here first and decide whether or not A, B and C wastes are too hazardous later.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Moral decline
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Socratic observations — Society cannot...
- About Utah: High time for a peaceful revival
- In our opinion: Some universities targeting...
- Letter: Moral decline 81
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 80
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 48
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 39
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28