Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
I hope Gov. Gary Herbert sticks to his guns and keeps blended nuclear waste out of Utah. We don't want it here in Utah, plain and simple. It's ridiculous that state regulators bought Energy Solutions' argument that it is acceptable to allow this blended waste in Utah for a year or two before they figure out if it's safe or not.
It's not fair that Utah and its citizens have to be the guinea pig for such a potentially dangerous situation. It makes no sense to dump it here first and decide whether or not A, B and C wastes are too hazardous later.
Salt Lake City
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 31