I'm curious that the newest conservative/tea party darling is the consummate Washington insider, Newt Gingrich. I guess having an affair while leading the impeachment process against President Clinton, recent flip flopping on climate change, the individual mandate for health care (just two of many), the payment of a $300,000 fine in 1998 for ethics violations and earning almost $1.6 million from Freddy Mac for lobbying efforts with Congress is just "business as usual" for Gingrich.
Mitt Romney may be guilty of flip flopping but otherwise looks like a choir boy compared to Gingrich. Romney's real problem among conservatives nationally is that he is a Mormon. There can be no other logical reason to embrace Gingrich in place of Romney, given their personal histories and qualifications.
Countless times I have seen and heard Utahns require a "faith" test for their legislative candidates. Looks like that does not work out so well when it's used against their candidate. Hang in there Jon Huntsman, Ron Paul and Romney. You will likely be the last candidates left standing.
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Letter: Our public lands
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20