I'm curious that the newest conservative/tea party darling is the consummate Washington insider, Newt Gingrich. I guess having an affair while leading the impeachment process against President Clinton, recent flip flopping on climate change, the individual mandate for health care (just two of many), the payment of a $300,000 fine in 1998 for ethics violations and earning almost $1.6 million from Freddy Mac for lobbying efforts with Congress is just "business as usual" for Gingrich.
Mitt Romney may be guilty of flip flopping but otherwise looks like a choir boy compared to Gingrich. Romney's real problem among conservatives nationally is that he is a Mormon. There can be no other logical reason to embrace Gingrich in place of Romney, given their personal histories and qualifications.
Countless times I have seen and heard Utahns require a "faith" test for their legislative candidates. Looks like that does not work out so well when it's used against their candidate. Hang in there Jon Huntsman, Ron Paul and Romney. You will likely be the last candidates left standing.
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 46
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 37
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24