I'm curious that the newest conservative/tea party darling is the consummate Washington insider, Newt Gingrich. I guess having an affair while leading the impeachment process against President Clinton, recent flip flopping on climate change, the individual mandate for health care (just two of many), the payment of a $300,000 fine in 1998 for ethics violations and earning almost $1.6 million from Freddy Mac for lobbying efforts with Congress is just "business as usual" for Gingrich.
Mitt Romney may be guilty of flip flopping but otherwise looks like a choir boy compared to Gingrich. Romney's real problem among conservatives nationally is that he is a Mormon. There can be no other logical reason to embrace Gingrich in place of Romney, given their personal histories and qualifications.
Countless times I have seen and heard Utahns require a "faith" test for their legislative candidates. Looks like that does not work out so well when it's used against their candidate. Hang in there Jon Huntsman, Ron Paul and Romney. You will likely be the last candidates left standing.
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Identifying...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Lagoon animals
- My view: Moving the prison would present...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 67
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23