John Bazemore, Associated Press
ATLANTA — Rookie Julio Jones caught a 29-yard touchdown pass from Matt Ryan, Matt Bryant kicked a 33-yard field goal and the Atlanta Falcons led the Jacksonville Jaguars 10-0 through one quarter on Thursday night.
The Falcons, seeking their fourth victory in five games, took a 7-0 lead on their first drive when Ryan stepped up in the pocket and connected with Jones, the NFL's No. 6 overall draft pick, over the middle.
Roddy White had four receptions for 39 yards in the opening quarter to become the first Falcons receiver with 1,000 yards receiving in five straight seasons and the eighth NFL player to have at least 80 catches and 1,000 yards receiving in five consecutive years.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 10
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6