Mike Terry, Deseret News
Tyler Shreve, who was redshirting as freshman quarterback on the Utah football team, has announced his plans to transfer to Riverside Community College to play baseball and football.
"Tyler leaves our program on good terms," said Utah coach Kyle Whittingham. "Tyler has an equal passion for football and baseball and we wish him well in his desire to pursue both sports."
Shreve, who was with the team for bowl practices until this week, has left school.
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Morning links: Former BYU player Paul Lasike...
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs and...
- Utes football fan raising money to put 'Utah'...
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- High school football: Alta Hawks 2015 preview
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs... 16
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other... 15