Gerald Herbert, Associated Press
NEW ORLEANS — People familiar with the deal say the Hornets have agreed in principle to deal Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Clippers for guard Eric Gordon, forward Al-Farouq Aminu, center Chris Kaman and a first-round draft choice.
ESPN, citing anonymous sources, first reported the trade, which also involves New Orleans sending two future second-round draft picks to the Clippers.
Commissioner David Stern approved the trade on behalf of the league-owned team, people told The Associated Press Wednesday on condition of anonymity because the NBA has not ratified the deal.
The 26-year-old Paul is a four-time All-Star who averaged 18.7 points and 9.8 assists last season.
Gordon, who turns 23 on Christmas Day, averaged 22.3 points last season. The 6-foot-9 Aminu is a second-year pro.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 44
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 39