AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — Brandon Knight is already making an impression on a Detroit team eager for a fresh start.
Pistons forward Charlie Villanueva calls Knight the future of the organization.
Knight was taken with the eighth pick in this year's draft, and the 6-foot-3 point guard out of Kentucky is working hard to fit in after the lockout postponed the beginning of his NBA career. It's not clear how much Knight will play at first, but he's taking the whirlwind start to his rookie season in stride.
Knight says players knew to expect a lockout, so he was prepared for this unusual offseason.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 83
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 29
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20