Ravell Call, Deseret News
I suggest an addendum to a recent article "78 tons and counting" (Dec. 10). The article read, "(Davis county) residents got help from the Utah National Guard and other state agencies with the cleanup Sunday in anticipation of another windstorm that night."
Nowhere in the article was there mention of the many thousands of citizens, who, after attending worship services, spent the day cleaning up the debris in their neighborhoods. Using their own trucks and trailers and other equipment, they cut up and hauled countless loads of trees and branches to the landfill.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24