Ravell Call, Deseret News
I suggest an addendum to a recent article "78 tons and counting" (Dec. 10). The article read, "(Davis county) residents got help from the Utah National Guard and other state agencies with the cleanup Sunday in anticipation of another windstorm that night."
Nowhere in the article was there mention of the many thousands of citizens, who, after attending worship services, spent the day cleaning up the debris in their neighborhoods. Using their own trucks and trailers and other equipment, they cut up and hauled countless loads of trees and branches to the landfill.
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Benefit Corporations: Why aren't Utah...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 56
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 34
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Letter: End daylight saving time 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 26
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21