Ravell Call, Deseret News
I suggest an addendum to a recent article "78 tons and counting" (Dec. 10). The article read, "(Davis county) residents got help from the Utah National Guard and other state agencies with the cleanup Sunday in anticipation of another windstorm that night."
Nowhere in the article was there mention of the many thousands of citizens, who, after attending worship services, spent the day cleaning up the debris in their neighborhoods. Using their own trucks and trailers and other equipment, they cut up and hauled countless loads of trees and branches to the landfill.
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32