Ravell Call, Deseret News
I suggest an addendum to a recent article "78 tons and counting" (Dec. 10). The article read, "(Davis county) residents got help from the Utah National Guard and other state agencies with the cleanup Sunday in anticipation of another windstorm that night."
Nowhere in the article was there mention of the many thousands of citizens, who, after attending worship services, spent the day cleaning up the debris in their neighborhoods. Using their own trucks and trailers and other equipment, they cut up and hauled countless loads of trees and branches to the landfill.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37