Ravell Call, Deseret News
I suggest an addendum to a recent article "78 tons and counting" (Dec. 10). The article read, "(Davis county) residents got help from the Utah National Guard and other state agencies with the cleanup Sunday in anticipation of another windstorm that night."
Nowhere in the article was there mention of the many thousands of citizens, who, after attending worship services, spent the day cleaning up the debris in their neighborhoods. Using their own trucks and trailers and other equipment, they cut up and hauled countless loads of trees and branches to the landfill.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 43
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16