OGDEN — For the second straight week, Weber State's Damian Lillard has been selected as the Big Sky Conference men's basketball Player of the Week.
Lillard, a 6-foot-3, 195-pound junior guard from Oakland, Calif., averaged 23 points, 6.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game as the Wildcats beat Southern Utah and lost at BYU.
Lillard scored 31 points and dished out a career-high nine assists in Weber State's 84-66 home victory over Southern Utah on Saturday. Lillard made 9-of-15 shots from the floor, was 5-of-8 from 3-point range, and 8-of-9 from the free-throw line. He also had three rebounds and a steal.
He recorded his first career double-double in Weber State's 94-66 loss at Brigham Young last Wednesday, finishing with 15 points and 10 rebounds, along with two assists and a steal.
For the week, Lillard shot 51.9 percent from the field, 50 percent from 3-point range, and 92.3 percent from the free-throw line.
Lillard continues to lead the nation in scoring and is averaging 26.9 points per game. Last week he passed Harold Arceneaux and moved into ninth place on the Weber State career scoring list. He now has 1,365 points in 79 career games at Weber State and needs just five more to pass David Johnson to move into eighth place and 18 points to pass Todd Harper to move into seventh place in career scoring.
Lillard has been named Player of the Week four times in his career. The Wildcats will play at California Friday at 8:30 p.m. Mountain time in Berkeley.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20