OGDEN — For the second straight week, Weber State's Damian Lillard has been selected as the Big Sky Conference men's basketball Player of the Week.
Lillard, a 6-foot-3, 195-pound junior guard from Oakland, Calif., averaged 23 points, 6.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game as the Wildcats beat Southern Utah and lost at BYU.
Lillard scored 31 points and dished out a career-high nine assists in Weber State's 84-66 home victory over Southern Utah on Saturday. Lillard made 9-of-15 shots from the floor, was 5-of-8 from 3-point range, and 8-of-9 from the free-throw line. He also had three rebounds and a steal.
He recorded his first career double-double in Weber State's 94-66 loss at Brigham Young last Wednesday, finishing with 15 points and 10 rebounds, along with two assists and a steal.
For the week, Lillard shot 51.9 percent from the field, 50 percent from 3-point range, and 92.3 percent from the free-throw line.
Lillard continues to lead the nation in scoring and is averaging 26.9 points per game. Last week he passed Harold Arceneaux and moved into ninth place on the Weber State career scoring list. He now has 1,365 points in 79 career games at Weber State and needs just five more to pass David Johnson to move into eighth place and 18 points to pass Todd Harper to move into seventh place in career scoring.
Lillard has been named Player of the Week four times in his career. The Wildcats will play at California Friday at 8:30 p.m. Mountain time in Berkeley.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 27