NEW YORK — Two men who say they were sexually abused by an assistant basketball coach at Syracuse University are suing the school and men's basketball coach Jim Boeheim for defamation.
Former Syracuse ball boys Bobby Davis and Mike Lang say they were molested by assistant coach Bernie Fine.
Fine, who has been fired, has denied the allegations. A third man also has accused Fine. The U.S. attorney's office is investigating.
Attorney Gloria Allred said at a news conference Tuesday afternoon in New York City that the two men have filed a lawsuit in New York State Supreme Court.
Davis says "it really hurt me to learn coach Boeheim had accused me of lying."
Lang says when Boeheim suggested "my little brother and I were lying" he "felt sick to my stomach."
Lang adds: "Coming forward is one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life."
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26