Jerry Sandusky will have a long, high-paying career as a mall Santa before Newt Gingrich will ever be elected president of the United States. It looks now like the Republican Party will shoot itself in the foot for the second election in a row.
They gave us Bob Dole in '96, who couldn't win, John McCain, the same, and now Gingrich. If you look up Washington insider in Webster's book, it will show you a picture of Gingrich.
As Republicans, we have always been known for eating our own, and this time will be no different. Mitt Romney will be so beat up at the end by his own party it will be almost impossible for him to beat President Obama, and I for one, don't think the U.S. will survive and be recognized by us with four more years of Obama.
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18