DALLAS — The Dallas Mavericks are still waiting for their new players to get on the court.
Vince Carter was a spectator at practice Monday while waiting to formally sign his deal and Lamar Odom hadn't yet arrived after being acquired from the Los Angeles Lakers.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle says he expects Carter and Odom to both take part in the team's media day activities Tuesday.
Carlisle says the defending NBA champions will engage the new players as quickly and effectively as possible. The coach says it will be challenging, but they will make it work with less than two weeks before the season opener.
Dallas also re-signed forward Brian Cardinal, and he took part in practice Monday.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 33
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7