DALLAS — The Dallas Mavericks are still waiting for their new players to get on the court.
Vince Carter was a spectator at practice Monday while waiting to formally sign his deal and Lamar Odom hadn't yet arrived after being acquired from the Los Angeles Lakers.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle says he expects Carter and Odom to both take part in the team's media day activities Tuesday.
Carlisle says the defending NBA champions will engage the new players as quickly and effectively as possible. The coach says it will be challenging, but they will make it work with less than two weeks before the season opener.
Dallas also re-signed forward Brian Cardinal, and he took part in practice Monday.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 109
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 33
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20