DALLAS — The Dallas Mavericks are still waiting for their new players to get on the court.
Vince Carter was a spectator at practice Monday while waiting to formally sign his deal and Lamar Odom hadn't yet arrived after being acquired from the Los Angeles Lakers.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle says he expects Carter and Odom to both take part in the team's media day activities Tuesday.
Carlisle says the defending NBA champions will engage the new players as quickly and effectively as possible. The coach says it will be challenging, but they will make it work with less than two weeks before the season opener.
Dallas also re-signed forward Brian Cardinal, and he took part in practice Monday.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35