DALLAS — The Dallas Mavericks are still waiting for their new players to get on the court.
Vince Carter was a spectator at practice Monday while waiting to formally sign his deal and Lamar Odom hadn't yet arrived after being acquired from the Los Angeles Lakers.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle says he expects Carter and Odom to both take part in the team's media day activities Tuesday.
Carlisle says the defending NBA champions will engage the new players as quickly and effectively as possible. The coach says it will be challenging, but they will make it work with less than two weeks before the season opener.
Dallas also re-signed forward Brian Cardinal, and he took part in practice Monday.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22