O'Connor's first impression of a Corbin-run camp session?
"They got tired quick," he said.
But O'Connor liked what he saw from his office window that overlooks the practice courts at Zions Bank Basketball Center.
"It was a good tired," he said, "because they got tired because they were working."
That's what camp is all about for Corbin.
Not that he spent a lot of time trying to pump his players up with a motivational pre-camp pep talk.
"I didn't want to have them sit there and fall asleep and (then) try to wake them up for practice," he joked.
Corbin's message: "Just to be ready to play. Everybody come in and compete, conduct yourselves as professionals."
Playing nice with all of the new guys when they come in on a seemingly daily basis is a given.
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass, Cougars'...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much money...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Breaking down UMass, BYU basketball's next...
- BYU football: Cougars have gotten solid...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 194
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 54
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 51
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 45