NEW YORK — ESPN is reporting that NL MVP Ryan Braun has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug and is facing a 50-game suspension.
ESPN says the Milwaukee Brewers star is disputing the result in arbitration. ESPN cites two sources in its report Saturday.
A spokesman for Braun said in a statement issued to ESPN and The Associated Press by his representatives, Creative Artists Agency, that "there are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan's complete innocence."
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48