NEW YORK — ESPN is reporting that NL MVP Ryan Braun has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug and is facing a 50-game suspension.
ESPN says the Milwaukee Brewers star is disputing the result in arbitration. ESPN cites two sources in its report Saturday.
A spokesman for Braun said in a statement issued to ESPN and The Associated Press by his representatives, Creative Artists Agency, that "there are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan's complete innocence."
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 37
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25