Utah Jazz: Jamaal Tinsley, Keith McLeod, Trey Gilder join Jazz training camp
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz continued their training camp this afternoon with a few more players on the court.
Contrary to multiple reports, however, they have not made a formal offer to NBA veteran small forward Josh Howard.
General manager Kevin O'Connor acknowledged that Utah is having "serious discussions" with the eight-year pro, but reiterated that no deal has been tendered to Howard.
The Jazz did add some NBA experience to their camp roster, though.
Former NBA point guards Jamaal Tinsley and Keith McLeod, an ex-Jazz player, and rookie forward Trey Gilder officially joined the team today after signing camp contracts. Their contracts are not guaranteed, so they are fighting for roster spots.
Two unnamed players from Europe without NBA experience are expected to begin training with the Jazz soon. They are in Utah but must receive clearance from the international basketball federation (FIBA) before being allowed to participate in camp.
O'Connor offered a "no comment" when asked about ongoing discussions the team has had with longtime Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, who remains in Russia playing and awaiting an NBA deal.
- The BYU international basketball tracker: How...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- Booker, other locals could get NFL draft...
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C. State...
- BYU men's volleyball: Underwood and others...
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for Utah
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns from...
- Morning links: Which local prospects could...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 85
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Morning links: NFL Draft prospect news... 18
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 17
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 15
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12