Utah Jazz: Jamaal Tinsley, Keith McLeod, Trey Gilder join Jazz training camp
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz continued their training camp this afternoon with a few more players on the court.
Contrary to multiple reports, however, they have not made a formal offer to NBA veteran small forward Josh Howard.
General manager Kevin O'Connor acknowledged that Utah is having "serious discussions" with the eight-year pro, but reiterated that no deal has been tendered to Howard.
The Jazz did add some NBA experience to their camp roster, though.
Former NBA point guards Jamaal Tinsley and Keith McLeod, an ex-Jazz player, and rookie forward Trey Gilder officially joined the team today after signing camp contracts. Their contracts are not guaranteed, so they are fighting for roster spots.
Two unnamed players from Europe without NBA experience are expected to begin training with the Jazz soon. They are in Utah but must receive clearance from the international basketball federation (FIBA) before being allowed to participate in camp.
O'Connor offered a "no comment" when asked about ongoing discussions the team has had with longtime Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, who remains in Russia playing and awaiting an NBA deal.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33