Utah Jazz: Jamaal Tinsley, Keith McLeod, Trey Gilder join Jazz training camp
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz continued their training camp this afternoon with a few more players on the court.
Contrary to multiple reports, however, they have not made a formal offer to NBA veteran small forward Josh Howard.
General manager Kevin O'Connor acknowledged that Utah is having "serious discussions" with the eight-year pro, but reiterated that no deal has been tendered to Howard.
The Jazz did add some NBA experience to their camp roster, though.
Former NBA point guards Jamaal Tinsley and Keith McLeod, an ex-Jazz player, and rookie forward Trey Gilder officially joined the team today after signing camp contracts. Their contracts are not guaranteed, so they are fighting for roster spots.
Two unnamed players from Europe without NBA experience are expected to begin training with the Jazz soon. They are in Utah but must receive clearance from the international basketball federation (FIBA) before being allowed to participate in camp.
O'Connor offered a "no comment" when asked about ongoing discussions the team has had with longtime Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, who remains in Russia playing and awaiting an NBA deal.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Davis High named top girls soccer team in the...
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad story of...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 55
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 47
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 39
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35