Utah Jazz: Jamaal Tinsley, Keith McLeod, Trey Gilder join Jazz training camp
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz continued their training camp this afternoon with a few more players on the court.
Contrary to multiple reports, however, they have not made a formal offer to NBA veteran small forward Josh Howard.
General manager Kevin O'Connor acknowledged that Utah is having "serious discussions" with the eight-year pro, but reiterated that no deal has been tendered to Howard.
The Jazz did add some NBA experience to their camp roster, though.
Former NBA point guards Jamaal Tinsley and Keith McLeod, an ex-Jazz player, and rookie forward Trey Gilder officially joined the team today after signing camp contracts. Their contracts are not guaranteed, so they are fighting for roster spots.
Two unnamed players from Europe without NBA experience are expected to begin training with the Jazz soon. They are in Utah but must receive clearance from the international basketball federation (FIBA) before being allowed to participate in camp.
O'Connor offered a "no comment" when asked about ongoing discussions the team has had with longtime Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, who remains in Russia playing and awaiting an NBA deal.
- BYU football adds California DL Kainoa Fuiava...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for Jabari...
- BYU basketball: First-grader given royal blue...
- Defense, rebounding, big second half propels...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State, 71-69
- High school football: Bountiful High coach...
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- Morning links: Which Utah school has... 92
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 85
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 80
- BYU football: 2016 recruiting class... 42
- College football signing day central:... 34
- Morning links: Ty Detmer plays ping... 32
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 32
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29