Utah Jazz: Jamaal Tinsley, Keith McLeod, Trey Gilder join Jazz training camp
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz continued their training camp this afternoon with a few more players on the court.
Contrary to multiple reports, however, they have not made a formal offer to NBA veteran small forward Josh Howard.
General manager Kevin O'Connor acknowledged that Utah is having "serious discussions" with the eight-year pro, but reiterated that no deal has been tendered to Howard.
The Jazz did add some NBA experience to their camp roster, though.
Former NBA point guards Jamaal Tinsley and Keith McLeod, an ex-Jazz player, and rookie forward Trey Gilder officially joined the team today after signing camp contracts. Their contracts are not guaranteed, so they are fighting for roster spots.
Two unnamed players from Europe without NBA experience are expected to begin training with the Jazz soon. They are in Utah but must receive clearance from the international basketball federation (FIBA) before being allowed to participate in camp.
O'Connor offered a "no comment" when asked about ongoing discussions the team has had with longtime Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, who remains in Russia playing and awaiting an NBA deal.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15