Oden hasn't appeared in a game in two years. After the Blazers drafted him out of Ohio State, he had microfracture surgery on his right knee and waited until 2008 to make his NBA debut. He also broke his left kneecap and sat out much of the 2009-10 season.
He is averaging 9.4 points and 7.3 rebounds in 82 career games.
To top off the Blazers' woes, Aldridge when to a routine exam by his cardiologist on Friday and it was determined that he should undergo a procedure to treat Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome, a condition which causes the ventricles of the heart to contract prematurely.
The Blazers say he should miss less than two weeks and should be ready for the team's opener on Dec. 26.
Aldridge was first diagnosed with the condition in 2007. He had a similar procedure, and missed the final nine games of the 2006-07 season.
Late Friday Aldridge posted to Twitter account: "Thanks for the support everybody. I'm feeling better and will be ready to go in a few days."
The 6-foot-11 forward from Texas led the team with 21.8 points and 8.8 rebounds per game last season, the best averages of his five-year NBA career. He had 36 double-doubles.
Meanwhile, the Trail Blazers are left to embark on the lockout-shortened season with a young roster and depth questions. The Blazers are already over the salary cap, which limits their moves on the free agency market.
"I still believe in the core of this team. It's not going to be easy. We'll have to rely on some younger players to step up off the bench for us," Buchanan said. "We've been through a lot of challenges the last few years and I have no doubt (coach Nate McMillan) will rally the troops and get our guys going this year."
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe talks...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 111
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 69
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37