Gallery MAR (580 Main, Park City, 435-649-3001) — "Wherever I May Roam," by various artists.
Great Basin Cooperative (449 Main, Park City) — The gallery opening features a retrospective of 50 paintings by Gary Ernest Smith.
Joseph F. Smith Building Gallery (BYU campus, Provo) — "Educating the Soul: Our Zion Tradition of Learning by Faith," featuring videos, antiques, facsimiles, photographs and letters. The exhibit is on permanent display.
Julie Nester Gallery (1280 Iron Horse Drive, Park City, 435-649-7855) — "The Land," by John McCormick, through Dec. 27.
Kimball Art Center (638 Park Ave., Park City, 435-649-8882) — "Curtis Olson: New Works" and "Kent Budge: In Plain Sight," through Jan. 11. "Park City Collects," by various artists, through Jan. 8.
Lamplight Art Gallery (170 S. Main, Bountiful, 801-298-0290) — Art by Merrily Kulmer, Shey Rauch and Reba Rauch.
Lee Fine Art (608 Main, Park City, 435-655-3264) — Art by Jared Sanders and Joseph Alleman.
Moab Art Works (11 N. Main, Suite No. 2, Moab, 435-259-3010) — "I'll Be Ahead If I Can Quit While I'm Behind," by Brian Parkin.
Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum (645 E. 1430 North, Provo, 801-422-5051) — "Into Africa: Exploring Nature's Interactions."
Mountain Place Gallery (129 N. Main, Logan, 435-752-0211) — "Pioneers, Portraits and Prairies," by Russ Fjeldsted.
Museum of Peoples and Cultures (BYU, 700 N. 100 East, Provo, 801-422-0020) — "New Lives: Building Community at Fourmile Ruin."
Repartee Gallery (4801 N. University Ave., Riverwoods, Provo) — Highlighting work by James C. Christensen, Kurt Knudsen, Barbara Lyman, Jack Morford, Greg Olsen and more. Also, original works in oil and watercolor, sculpture, pottery, stained glass and more.
Sears Art Museum Gallery (225 S. 700 East, St. George, 435-652-7905) — "The Color of Consciousness," by various artists, through Jan. 27.
Springville Museum of Art (126 E. 400 S., Springville, 801-489-2727) — "Spiritual & Religious Art of Utah," through Dec. 27.
Utah County Art Gallery (151 S. University Ave., Provo, www.utahcountyartgallery.com) — "His, Hers and Ours," by various husband and wife artist teams.
Woodbury Art Museum (State Street and University Parkway, Orem, 801-863-4200) — Art by Greg Olsen, through Dec. 17.
Please submit event listings to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- Public will soon see 125-million-year-old...
- New Star Wars tabletop games announced
- There's something wonderful about old music
- Sherry Young: The man who delivers flowers,...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- The art of improv: Creating something funny...
- Chloë Grace Moretz and music not enough...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket... 11
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with... 9
- About Utah: She showed him the light 3
- Public will soon see... 3
- MAC Commissioner: ESPN deal brings... 2
- Sherry Young: The man who delivers... 1
- The dog days of summer bring out movies... 1
- There's something wonderful about old... 1