Orlin Wagner, Associated Press
LAWRENCE, Kan. — Ohio State coach Thad Matta says the decision won't be made until Saturday whether star forward Jared Sullinger is available to play in second-ranked Ohio State's game at No. 13 Kansas.
The big man has been hobbled by a bad back, but he participated in practice this week.
Kansas coach Bill Self says he expects Sullinger to play. If that's the case, he'll be going up against Kansas star Thomas Robinson in a battle of likely first-round NBA draft picks.
There are other juicy matchups. Ohio State's Aaron Craft will go against the Jayhawks' Tyshawn Taylor, while Kansas guard Travis Releford will be tasked with shutting down William Buford.
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- High school boys basketball: Underdogs shine...
- High school sports: Thursday's prep roundup
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 52
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 43