LOS ANGELES — Reeves Nelson has been dismissed from the UCLA basketball team after two suspensions this season.
Coach Ben Howland said that he decided to dismiss Nelson, who was currently serving his second suspension for conduct unbecoming, after they met Friday.
Nelson was the Bruins' leading scorer and rebounder last season. He was first suspended last month and then again this week. In what was his final game last weekend, Nelson spent the entire second half on the bench. He was laughing and pointing at people in the crowd who were chanting his name.
Nelson was in his junior year at UCLA.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Brad Rock: Jazz's biggest star still waiting...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 59
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 51
- High school football: State tournament... 49
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42