LOS ANGELES — Reeves Nelson has been dismissed from the UCLA basketball team after two suspensions this season.
Coach Ben Howland said that he decided to dismiss Nelson, who was currently serving his second suspension for conduct unbecoming, after they met Friday.
Nelson was the Bruins' leading scorer and rebounder last season. He was first suspended last month and then again this week. In what was his final game last weekend, Nelson spent the entire second half on the bench. He was laughing and pointing at people in the crowd who were chanting his name.
Nelson was in his junior year at UCLA.
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 145
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 46
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 27