Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
This is for all you people who think that Utah doesn't need the Jazz anymore. The team has a rich history here, and it would be a shame if that history left. The lockout that left the many fans of the NBA without any games to go view was downright disgusting.
It is a shame that wanting more money can ruin things for everyone. I'm sure that there are some players that don't care about the money and want to play for the fans' enjoyment.
How many children have had their day brightened when a player from the Jazz showed up while they were in the hospital? How many players throughout the team's history took part in a special charity event that helped the state and community?
The answers to these questions, and many more, can prove that the Jazz are the most unique team in the NBA. No problems with the law and no amount of stupidity has affected this team in the short or long run. The Jazz have a positive impact on this state. Do we really want it to go away?
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 33
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 28
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 23
- Letter: Acting presidential 23
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22