Sue Ogrocki, Associated Press
NORMAN, Okla. — Steven Pledger scored 17 points, Cameron Clark and Andrew Fitzgerald added 16 apiece and Oklahoma snapped Oral Roberts' six-game winning streak by beating the Golden Eagles 73-59 on Thursday night.
The Sooners (6-1) won their 11th straight game against their in-state rival from Tulsa by almost the same score as last season. It was 73-60 in last season's meeting in Norman.
Fitzgerald, the team's top returning scorer, had 12 points in the first half as Oklahoma built a 10-point halftime lead and finished with his highest scoring output of the season.
Dominique Morrison scored 20 and Damen Bell-Holter finished with a season-best 16 points for Oral Roberts. The Golden Eagles (6-3) shot a season-low 37 percent and went 1-for-15 from 3-point range.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24