Sue Ogrocki, Associated Press
NORMAN, Okla. — Steven Pledger scored 17 points, Cameron Clark and Andrew Fitzgerald added 16 apiece and Oklahoma snapped Oral Roberts' six-game winning streak by beating the Golden Eagles 73-59 on Thursday night.
The Sooners (6-1) won their 11th straight game against their in-state rival from Tulsa by almost the same score as last season. It was 73-60 in last season's meeting in Norman.
Fitzgerald, the team's top returning scorer, had 12 points in the first half as Oklahoma built a 10-point halftime lead and finished with his highest scoring output of the season.
Dominique Morrison scored 20 and Damen Bell-Holter finished with a season-best 16 points for Oral Roberts. The Golden Eagles (6-3) shot a season-low 37 percent and went 1-for-15 from 3-point range.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18