Genevieve Ross, Associated Press
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has returned to practice.
Peterson took part in individual drills Thursday. He has missed the last two games because of a sprained left ankle, but coach Leslie Frazier said this week that Peterson was getting "very close" to coming back.
The Vikings play at Detroit on Sunday.
Quarterback Christian Ponder has not yet been on the field this week after sustaining a right hip pointer in last Sunday's game. Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave says Ponder is still stiff and that the rookie "didn't look too good" walking around.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48