Genevieve Ross, Associated Press
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has returned to practice.
Peterson took part in individual drills Thursday. He has missed the last two games because of a sprained left ankle, but coach Leslie Frazier said this week that Peterson was getting "very close" to coming back.
The Vikings play at Detroit on Sunday.
Quarterback Christian Ponder has not yet been on the field this week after sustaining a right hip pointer in last Sunday's game. Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave says Ponder is still stiff and that the rookie "didn't look too good" walking around.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20