Genevieve Ross, Associated Press
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has returned to practice.
Peterson took part in individual drills Thursday. He has missed the last two games because of a sprained left ankle, but coach Leslie Frazier said this week that Peterson was getting "very close" to coming back.
The Vikings play at Detroit on Sunday.
Quarterback Christian Ponder has not yet been on the field this week after sustaining a right hip pointer in last Sunday's game. Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave says Ponder is still stiff and that the rookie "didn't look too good" walking around.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22