Genevieve Ross, Associated Press
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has returned to practice.
Peterson took part in individual drills Thursday. He has missed the last two games because of a sprained left ankle, but coach Leslie Frazier said this week that Peterson was getting "very close" to coming back.
The Vikings play at Detroit on Sunday.
Quarterback Christian Ponder has not yet been on the field this week after sustaining a right hip pointer in last Sunday's game. Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave says Ponder is still stiff and that the rookie "didn't look too good" walking around.
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy
- Research: Native American genes have Eurasian...
- Newtown releases 911 calls showing anguish...
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's birth...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 71
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 20
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 19
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy 18
- Research: Native American genes have... 14