The Patriot-News, Andy Colwell, Associated Press
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Jerry Sandusky's arrest on more child sex-abuse charges presents him with a new challenge — how to assist his lawyer from behind bars in what was already a complicated case to defend.
William Manifesto, a longtime Pittsburgh defense attorney not involved in the case, says lawyers want their clients available to them at all times, which isn't the case when defendants are in prison.
Sandusky was jailed Wednesday after new child sex abuse charges were filed against him based on the claims of two new accusers, including one who says he screamed in vain for help while Sandusky attacked him in a basement bedroom.
The additional alleged victims, who contacted officials after Sandusky's initial arrest on Nov. 5, told the grand jury they met Sandusky through his charity.
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- Train with plane crash bodies leaves rebel town
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard to...
- Survey: Public 'warm' to Jews, Catholics and...
- BYU-Idaho, Rexburg experience flooding after...
- Dutch tell rebels: Train full of bodies must...
- To encourage saving, some states turn to prizes
- Obama will sign order barring gay,...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 44
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 25
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 21
- Tea party groups' suit against IRS... 20
- US appeals court tosses Oklahoma gay... 18
- Ukraine: 295 on Malaysia plane shot... 14
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12
- Liberals swoon for Elizabeth Warren,... 9