LOS ANGELES — A rep for Alec Baldwin says the "30 Rock" actor was singled out when he was kicked off an American Airlines plane in Los Angeles, as the star's dustup with the company continues for a second day.
Spokesman Matthew Hiltzik said Wednesday that other passengers were also using handheld devices when Baldwin was asked to leave the New York flight because he continued to use his cellphone.
Baldwin ranted on Twitter Tuesday that he was booted off the plane after a flight attendant "reamed me out" for playing the game "Words With Friends."
American responded on Facebook Wednesday, saying it was enforcing federal law. Hiltzik accused the airline of selectively enforcing the rules.
The star's Twitter account was deactivated Wednesday. Hiltzik says Baldwin left the social media site to "focus on '30 Rock.'"
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 44
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 28
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 14
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12