LOS ANGELES — A rep for Alec Baldwin says the "30 Rock" actor was singled out when he was kicked off an American Airlines plane in Los Angeles, as the star's dustup with the company continues for a second day.
Spokesman Matthew Hiltzik said Wednesday that other passengers were also using handheld devices when Baldwin was asked to leave the New York flight because he continued to use his cellphone.
Baldwin ranted on Twitter Tuesday that he was booted off the plane after a flight attendant "reamed me out" for playing the game "Words With Friends."
American responded on Facebook Wednesday, saying it was enforcing federal law. Hiltzik accused the airline of selectively enforcing the rules.
The star's Twitter account was deactivated Wednesday. Hiltzik says Baldwin left the social media site to "focus on '30 Rock.'"
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- Police, protesters collide again in Ferguson
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with hands up
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered legal...
- The Los Angeles Unified School District ducks...
- Want to increase attraction in your...
- Car crash in Argentina kills 3 relatives of pope
- Measuring the impact of a MOOC course can be...
- Texas Gov. Perry says indictment is... 22
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 22
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 20
- Texas' Perry indicted for coercion for... 19
- Police identify Missouri officer who... 16
- Police, protesters collide again in... 15
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but... 14
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 13