LOS ANGELES — A rep for Alec Baldwin says the "30 Rock" actor was singled out when he was kicked off an American Airlines plane in Los Angeles, as the star's dustup with the company continues for a second day.
Spokesman Matthew Hiltzik said Wednesday that other passengers were also using handheld devices when Baldwin was asked to leave the New York flight because he continued to use his cellphone.
Baldwin ranted on Twitter Tuesday that he was booted off the plane after a flight attendant "reamed me out" for playing the game "Words With Friends."
American responded on Facebook Wednesday, saying it was enforcing federal law. Hiltzik accused the airline of selectively enforcing the rules.
The star's Twitter account was deactivated Wednesday. Hiltzik says Baldwin left the social media site to "focus on '30 Rock.'"
- From 0.3 to 81.1: What percentage of each...
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's...
- Jet may have turned; suspicious passengers...
- Oil slick not from missing Malaysian plane;...
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for school to...
- Themes of faith, freedom echo at CPAC in...
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Early auditions for 2016 Republican... 20
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 19
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for... 13
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians 9
- Ukraine doesn't keep Obama from Florida... 7