STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Jerry Sandusky has been taken to a Pennsylvania county jail after being unable to post $250,000 bail in cash.
The former Penn State assistant coach was jailed Wednesday after a brief court hearing.
Sandusky faces new charges based on the testimony of two new accusers, including one who claims Sandusky molested him numerous times in a basement bedroom at Sandusky's home. He already faced 40 counts of child sex abuse involving eight young boys over a 15-year span.
Sandusky lawyer Joseph Amendola says his client maintains his innocence.
Senior Magisterial District Judge Robert E. Scott said if Sandusky does make bail, he will be under house arrest and subject to electronic monitoring.
Prosecutors had sought $1 million in bail.
Dale reported from Philadelphia and Levy reported from Harrisburg.
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
- Italian village honoring pilots of WWII US...
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 8
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- US to assign 3,000 from US military to... 4