STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — A judge has ordered Jerry Sandusky jailed unless he can pay $250,000 bail on the latest child sex abuse charges against him.
Senior Magisterial District Judge Robert E. Scott also said Wednesday that if Sandusky posts bail, he must submit to electronic monitoring. It was not immediately clear if Sandusky was to be released.
Prosecutors had sought $1 million in bail.
Sandusky faces new charges based on the testimony of two new accusers, including one who claims Sandusky molested him numerous times in a basement bedroom.
Sandusky wore blue sweat pants and a gray sweat shirt to the hearing. He was arrested at his home by state police and driven to the magistrate.
Sandusky's lawyer has not responded to the latest charges. Sandusky has said he is innocent.
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy
- Research: Native American genes have Eurasian...
- Newtown releases 911 calls showing anguish...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's birth...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 71
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 20
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 18
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy 17
- Research: Native American genes have... 14