STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — A judge has ordered Jerry Sandusky jailed unless he can pay $250,000 bail on the latest child sex abuse charges against him.
Senior Magisterial District Judge Robert E. Scott also said Wednesday that if Sandusky posts bail, he must submit to electronic monitoring. It was not immediately clear if Sandusky was to be released.
Prosecutors had sought $1 million in bail.
Sandusky faces new charges based on the testimony of two new accusers, including one who claims Sandusky molested him numerous times in a basement bedroom.
Sandusky wore blue sweat pants and a gray sweat shirt to the hearing. He was arrested at his home by state police and driven to the magistrate.
Sandusky's lawyer has not responded to the latest charges. Sandusky has said he is innocent.
- ‘Stay strong,’ says 15-year-old...
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Tiny houses big with consumers seeking...
- Heads up! Supermoon is here
- Gallup poll: Mormons like Obama least of all...
- Grandma says Texas massacre survivor saved lives
- His agenda in gridlock, Obama relishes roadshow
- Hot spot: Yellowstone road melts, sites closed
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 66
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 44
- Boehner, McConnell blast Obama border... 41
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas... 33
- Gallup poll: Mormons like Obama least... 31
- Thousands of unaccompanied migrant... 26
- President Obama aims to shift border... 23
- Obama seeks $3.7 billion to deal with... 20