Nousha Salimi, file, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Welcome to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Guns N' Roses.
The seminal rock band of the late 1980s and early '90s leads the class of 2012. Also making the cut are the Beastie Boys; the Red Hot Chili Peppers; the late singer/songwriter Laura Nyro; Donovan; and The Small Faces/The Faces, which included Rod Stewart and Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood.
The inductees were announced on Wednesday.
Nyro is the only female act to make it; the hall passed on Donna Summer, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Heart and Rufus with Chaka Khan. All were on the ballot.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held in Cleveland, where the rock hall is based, on April 14.
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
- Italian village honoring pilots of WWII US...
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 8
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- US to assign 3,000 from US military to... 4