DETROIT — Ray McCallum had 21 points and Chase Simon scored 20 to help Detroit beat St. John's 69-63 on Monday night.
The Titans (4-6) started and finished strong, playing off the energy created by the school unveiling Dick Vitale Court at Calihan Hall before the game. The ESPN analyst coached Detroit from 1973-77 and was athletic director during his final season.
Moe Harkless scored 19, D'Angelo Harrison had 15 points and Sir'Dominic Pointer added 10 for St. John's.
The Red Storm (4-5) was without coach Steve Lavin, who is recovering from prostate cancer surgery and has missed the Red Storm's last three games. St. John's was led by assistant coach Mike Dunlap.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37