Paul Sakuma, File, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Trent Richardson, Tyrann Mathieu and Montee Ball are the finalists for the Heisman Trophy.
Luck, the Stanford quarterback and preseason favorite, is a finalist for the second straight season.
Griffin is the first Baylor player to be picked as a finalist. The school has never had a player finish better than fourth in the Heisman voting.
Richardson is the second Alabama running back to be a finalist in the last three years. Former teammate Mark Ingram won the Heisman in 2009.
Ball has scored 38 touchdowns for Wisconsin and needs one more to match Barry Sanders' NCAA record.
Mathieu, the LSU defensive back nicknamed Honey Badger, has made numerous game-changing plays for the top-ranked Tigers.
The Heisman Trophy will be presented Saturday night.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- 'In Football We Trust' puts a religious twist...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 66
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 30
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 24
- Utes get it done at home again 21
- Matt Carlino playing much the same at... 19