Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer is offering no apologies for the No. 17 Hokies date in the Sugar Bowl against Michigan.
The Hokies will play the No. 13 Wolverines on Jan. 3 in Louisiana after the selection committee chose them over No. 8 Boise State and No. 11 Kansas State.
Beamer says the Hokies (11-2) have won more games than anyone at the Bowl Subdivision level since 1995, are the only team to have won at least 10 games for eight seasons in a row and are one of only three teams that will be going to a bowl game for the 19th consecutive season.
Beamer says the Hokies' inclusion shows that his program's image has risen in the past decade.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33