Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer is offering no apologies for the No. 17 Hokies date in the Sugar Bowl against Michigan.
The Hokies will play the No. 13 Wolverines on Jan. 3 in Louisiana after the selection committee chose them over No. 8 Boise State and No. 11 Kansas State.
Beamer says the Hokies (11-2) have won more games than anyone at the Bowl Subdivision level since 1995, are the only team to have won at least 10 games for eight seasons in a row and are one of only three teams that will be going to a bowl game for the 19th consecutive season.
Beamer says the Hokies' inclusion shows that his program's image has risen in the past decade.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15