Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer is offering no apologies for the No. 17 Hokies date in the Sugar Bowl against Michigan.
The Hokies will play the No. 13 Wolverines on Jan. 3 in Louisiana after the selection committee chose them over No. 8 Boise State and No. 11 Kansas State.
Beamer says the Hokies (11-2) have won more games than anyone at the Bowl Subdivision level since 1995, are the only team to have won at least 10 games for eight seasons in a row and are one of only three teams that will be going to a bowl game for the 19th consecutive season.
Beamer says the Hokies' inclusion shows that his program's image has risen in the past decade.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Tanner Mangum's on-the-job training continues...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 26
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20