Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer is offering no apologies for the No. 17 Hokies date in the Sugar Bowl against Michigan.
The Hokies will play the No. 13 Wolverines on Jan. 3 in Louisiana after the selection committee chose them over No. 8 Boise State and No. 11 Kansas State.
Beamer says the Hokies (11-2) have won more games than anyone at the Bowl Subdivision level since 1995, are the only team to have won at least 10 games for eight seasons in a row and are one of only three teams that will be going to a bowl game for the 19th consecutive season.
Beamer says the Hokies' inclusion shows that his program's image has risen in the past decade.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 115
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 21
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21