Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer is offering no apologies for the No. 17 Hokies date in the Sugar Bowl against Michigan.
The Hokies will play the No. 13 Wolverines on Jan. 3 in Louisiana after the selection committee chose them over No. 8 Boise State and No. 11 Kansas State.
Beamer says the Hokies (11-2) have won more games than anyone at the Bowl Subdivision level since 1995, are the only team to have won at least 10 games for eight seasons in a row and are one of only three teams that will be going to a bowl game for the 19th consecutive season.
Beamer says the Hokies' inclusion shows that his program's image has risen in the past decade.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 21