John Bazemore, Associated Press
ATLANTA — Alabama running back Trent Richardson is a unanimous choice for offensive player of the year, while LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu has been named the top defensive player on The Associated Press All-Southeastern Conference team.
The team released Monday also tabbed LSU's Les Miles as coach of the year after he guided the top-ranked Tigers (13-0) to a spot in the national championship game against their SEC West rival, No. 2 Alabama.
Georgia running back Isaiah Crowell was named freshman of the year despite injuries and disciplinary issues.
As expected, LSU and Alabama (11-1) dominated the selections, with both powerhouses placing five players on the first team. SEC East champion Georgia had four first-teamers.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35