OGDEN — Weber State University has scheduled a press conference for Tuesday morning to introduce its new head football coach.
Tuesday's press conference will be held beginning at 11 a.m. on the third floor of WSU's Stewart Stadium Sky Suites.
Ron McBride retired as head coach of the Wildcats in November after seven seasons at the Wildcats' helm. His successor will become the ninth head coach in the history of the Weber State program.
Among those rumored to be interested in the WSU job, which attracted 40-50 applicants, is John L. Smith, a former Weber State player who has been a head coach at Idaho, Utah State, Louisville and Michigan State. Smith, with a career head coaching record of 132-86, is currently an assistant coach at the University of Arkansas.
— Randy Hollis
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 57
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 38
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34