CHIEFS 10, BEARS 3: At Chicago, Tyler Palko shook off two miserable starts and threw for 157 yards and a touchdown even though he was briefly lifted for Kyle Orton. Orton came on to start the second quarter and immediately left the game with an injured finger on his right hand. Palko connected with Dexter McCluster on a wild 38-yard pass to end the first half on a ball that got deflected by Brian Urlacher and Chris Conte, giving the Chiefs a 7-3 lead. Chicago (7-5) played most of the game without running back Matt Forte, who injured his right knee.
JETS 34, REDSKINS 19: At Landover, Md., Mark Sanchez hit Santonio Holmes for a 30-yard touchdown pass with 4:49 to play, and Shonn Greene added a pair of insurance scores. The win improves the Jets to 7-5 and keeps them in the hunt for an AFC playoff berth. New York played another mistake-filled game and had only 168 total yards after three quarters. They trailed 16-13 after Washington's Graham Gano made his third field goal with 7:52 remaining.
RAVENS 24, BROWNS 10: At Cleveland, Ray Rice rushed for a career-high 204 yards, breaking loose on a game-changing 67-yarder in the third quarter, and the Ravens kept pace with Pittsburgh atop the AFC North. Rice and Ricky Williams had short touchdown runs and Lardarius Webb returned a punt 68 yards for a TD for the Ravens (9-3), who toyed with the Browns (4-8). Baltimore racked up 290 yards rushing.
SAINTS 31, LIONS 17: At New Orleans, Drew Brees passed for 342 yards and three touchdowns, and the New Orleans Saints won their fourth straight. Brees' performance gave him 4,031 yards on the season, making him the first quarterback in NFL history to eclipse the 4,000-yard mark in the first 12 games of a season. His touchdown passes went for 67 yards to Robert Meachem, 20 yards to Lance Moore and 6 yards to Darren Sproles. He also connected eight times with tight end Jimmy Graham for 89 yards as the Saints (9-3) improved to 6-0 at home.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 31
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22